Sweet potatoes from Israel: Direct from Kibbutz Nirim
Our Israeli sweet potatoes come from Kibbutz Nirim in the northwestern Negev. The kibbutz has existed since 1946 and is one of the oldest and leading fresh produce producers in Israel. It is the largest sweet potato producer in Israel. Here, too, cultivation, storage and processing, as well as export, are all in one hand.
Why are sweet potatoes a superfood?
- Rich in provitamin A and vitamin C
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Low in carbohydrates and long satiating, important for athletes
- Alkaline food, promotes acid-base balance in the body
- Counteracts ravenous appetite and promotes the body's defences
- One of the healthiest vegetables with its high vitamin content