Our Curcuma from Peru: harvested as needed
5,000kg per week
from mid-July until
Loose in crates from 2 to 7.6 kg or in nets, gladly customised
The cultivation area of our Curcuma in Peru is located between Pichanaki and Satipo. Jiahe Food has six hectares of its own cultivation of organic Curcuma in these areas. Due to the long growth phase of about nine months, it can only be harvested once a year. The plants are left in the ground and harvested as needed. Just like ginger in Peru, they can remain in the ground for more than a year without the Curcuma losing quality.
Why is Curcuma a superfood?
- Promotes fat metabolism
- Is successfully used in the therapy of intestinal diseases
- Can contribute to a younger complexion
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects
- Curcuma prevents deposits of protein complexes in the brain that can lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Promotes the cardiovascular system