Our sweet potatoes from Spain: BIO quality from family hands
Between Cádiz and Málaga lies the growing area of our sweet potatoes in Spain. The Ayllon family, our partner, grows organic sweet potatoes on 384 hectares. In addition to 60 hectares on which our sweet potato grows, the family also produces aubergines, cereals, carrots, peppers, beetroot and sweetcorn. The European organic standards have been implemented there since 2011. Cultivation, storage and processing remain in the hands of the Ayllon family business.
Why are sweet potatoes a superfood?
- Rich in provitamin A and vitamin C
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Low in carbohydrates and long satiating, important for athletes
- Alkaline food, promotes acid-base balance in the body
- Counteracts ravenous appetite and promotes the body's defences
- One of the healthiest vegetables with its high vitamin content